New COVID-19 rules in effect
Posted on Dec 11th, 2020
Dear Kings Charter Owners & Residents,
As COVID-19 surges in states across the country, Governor Ralph Northam announced new actions to mitigate the spread of the virus in Virginia. The following actions will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, December 14:
· Modified Stay at Home Order: All individuals in Virginia must remain at their place of residence between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Exceptions include obtaining food and goods, traveling to and from work, and seeking medical attention.
· Universal mask requirement: All Virginians aged five and over are required to wear face coverings in indoor settings shared with others and when outdoors within six feet of another person. This order expands the current statewide mask mandate, which has been in place since May 29, and requires all individuals aged five and over to wear face coverings in indoor and outdoor public settings outside of their own household. These changes are consistent with new CDC guidelines, released December 4, which recommend universal wearing of face coverings.
· Reduction in social gatherings: All social gatherings must be limited to 10 individuals, down from the current cap of 25 people. Social gatherings include, but are not limited to, parties, celebrations, or other social events, regardless of whether they occur indoors or outdoors (paraphrased).A significant obligation for us is to assess liability for the Association on all matters. The Board of Directors actions cannot violate the restrictions in place, especially concerning activities such as the general amenities, which are 100% within our control. Doing so could place the KCOA and all homeowners into a liability situation, which is not a position we can allow. After careful consideration, the following measures will take effect Monday, December 14 at 12:01am:
· The Clubhouse will be locked between the hours of 12:00am and 5:00am.
· All Great Room rentals will need to end with residents & guests exiting the Clubhouse by 11:45pm.
· A mask or face covering will be required upon entering the Clubhouse for anyone aged 5 and over.
· The Great Room rental policy guidelines will temporarily change. No resident can have no more than 10 individuals in the Great Room at one time.
The new restrictions significantly limit our ability to keep the gym facility open to residents. Our ability to ensure compliance of cleaning and disinfection of shared exercise equipment after each use cannot be monitored. Therefore, the fitness room will be closed.
The COVID-19 pandemic has provided all of us with many challenges, let’s all continue to do our part in preventing the spread of this world-wide virus.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the clubhouse at 550-2507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KCOA Board of Directors